Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Today is the big day of travel! I had a flight from Columbus, Ohio (home) to Chicago to Miami...where I am to meet my group in order to travel down together with them to San Jose Costa Rica. I got to the airport around 8:30, my bag was perfectly packed weighing exactly 50 lbs.! Then it all went down hill from there! It is currently snowing, there is about 2 inches on the ground and there is no sight of it clearing up anytime soon! My flight to Chicago got very delayed, so I changed my flight to a direct from Columbus to Miami that will leave at 2:20. Hopefully, I will make it out quickly and in time to get everything done and get on the plane to Costa Rica! I was supposed to meet my group at 5 pm- being through customs and having my bag transferred...but I don't get into Miami until 5:40! I called and let the man in charge know the update...though I'm sure everyone is going to be late today...since it seems like everywhere all flights are delayed! So now I sit here and wait until I get on the plane!

It seems as though my life has been in a constant stressful state for the past week! My sister just came through a surgery in which I spent most of the last week in the hospital with her...in which I got nothing done that I had hoped to be able to get accomplished. I have been running around getting the last few things I needed for my trip the last 3 days and finally at 10:30 last night was ready to go! And I ended up crashing big time! I'm excited to get down to Costa Rica finally just so I can be a little less stressed out!

They have this saying in Costa Rica, "Pura Vida" which means pure life. It is a fresh and optimistic view on life that Costa Ricans use to say "cool" or "alright". It keeps them in check with reality. This is my hope in traveling into this new place, I want to have Pura Vida! I want to live life and just enjoy everything that comes my way. God is with me and is going to teach me so much about him through this experience. My only goal is to grow closer to him! He is the giver of Pura Vida! :)

1 comment:

  1. Kristineeee! I love you and am praying for you! Keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete