Saturday, February 5, 2011

Life is Good


I went to the park today with my family and got to play Frisbee! My sister was practicing roller blading and so I got to run around the roller blading track with her and encourage her, which was really fun! I got to help my little brother ride his bike and just be outside! It was such a wonderful time to spend with my family and build relationships with them. I also climbed a tree! My siblings joined me and we pretended to be monkeys in the tree! It was a great day!
This morning I actually had a conversation with my aunt and got to hear more about her and I thank God for placing her in my life! My Spanish is improving every day and I truly enjoy talking with my family and understanding what they are like!
When we got to the park today, my aunt Janet fell when she got out of the car and it was hilarious to my mom! She was laughing so hard she was crying! That is pura vida!
Yesterday night I went to a roller skating place with my friend Sarah, her brother Fabricio, and Fabricio’s best friend’s sister. It was hilarious to try and skate since I am better at roller blading. I fell twice, one time because I lost my balance, the other time because Sarah cut me off! LOL! The second time a guy in charge blew a whistle and immediately helped me up! Oh no, downed gringo alert! There were some people there who were amazing! They could be like professional roller dancers! It was fun to get to know Sarah’s Tico brother a little better! He is a really nice guy and I look forward to doing more with them! I was supposed to go play soccer with them today, but I wanted to spend time with my family! They asked me to go bowling with them tonight…and I should have gone with them…but I just want to spend more time with my family because I don’t have much more time with them and every moment matters! I hope to take Pris and one of her friends to go skating next weekend since Pris loves to skate!
Sarah might come over tomorrow to make cookies with me for my family! And Pris and I are going to have lessons in cooking with my mom! Should be a wonderful day again! I am enjoying my time here, but am realizing that I defiantly don’t have as much time as I wanted! But my aunt had a great point this morning when she said that every little moment with the family matters and is a memory to have with each other. And that I am here with this family in this place because God wants me here and I have the most wonderful experience to learn 3 new and different cultures! What a great opportunity to stretch and change the person I am! This family is changing me and making me into a much wiser and better person. Thank you Lord for this wonderful opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment